The Quebec Major Junior Hockey League announced the 2017-18 regular season schedule this afternoon.
For the fourth straight year, your Halifax Mooseheads will be the visiting team when they begin their season on September 21 at 7pm. They’ll hit the road to Saint John to see the Sea Dogs raise the President Cup banner. I can’t imagine that we’ll see a big change in the lineup in the upcoming season.
Some highlights from the schedule:
- Moose Country will welcome the boys back when the team has their home opener on September 30. It be the second game of a home and home series between Halifax and the Acadie-Bathurst Titan with puck dropping at 7pm.
- The first Quebec province road trip will be October 20-22 when they travel to Blainville, Sherbrooke and Victoriaville.
- Halifax and Cape Breton will battle each other for the second annual Hurley Cup when they play on December 30 at the Mooseheads home while the Screaming Eagles host on December 31. Both game are at 2pm currently.
- The Mooseheads will have it’s longest home stand of 5 games November 9-21 while the longest road trip is also five matches around the end of the season; March 3-11.
- That road trip will be followed by 3 games at home with the regular season ending March 17. We may see another St. Patrick’s Day themed game when Halifax hosts the Acadie-Bathurst Titan.
Halifax have yet to announce their pre-season schedule or the dates of the annual events. The Moose said that they would announce the specialty games later in the summer.