- For the first time in a few years, no one really knew absolutely who was going to get drafted first overall except for the team who won the lottery and was selecting in that top spot; the New Jersey Devils who picked Halifax Mooseheads rookie sensation Nico Hischier.
- The expansion Vegas Golden Knights made their first selection in franchise history when they drafted Cody Glass of the Portland Winterhawks 6th overall. They picked 3 players in the 1st round and a total of 12 over the weekend.
- It was a pretty quiet draft as most of the trades involved draft picks.
- Two more Mooseheads heard their names called when defenseman Jocktan Chainey was picked by the Devils 191st overall while forward Arnaud Durandeau went to the New York Islanders 165th overall. A total of 14 QMJHL players were drafted.
- Somehow, Halifax’s leading scorer Max Fortier was passed over for the second year while d-man Walter Flower also didn’t get selected.